Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A compliment that surprised me...

Last night I had a small Spanish lesson with two of the Spanish teachers here. It was fun and so helpful. I am amazed by the people here sometimes, especially by their willingness to give and help with anything.
Anyway, I was walking home last night with my friend Ricardo and he told me that i am making changes at the liceo (high school) even though i seem to not notice it. he said more students are talking english and really trying. i could not believe it. it warmed my heart! he mentioned how people who work at the school "think im cool" as he put it. sometimes i never know when im actually making an impact. i guess sometimes you need to stop, look around, and realize you are doing what you can and probably someone has been touched by what you have done. im sure my friends and family do this everyday as well!

have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment