Friday, June 19, 2009

Getting ready to head out on a jet plane...

Packing has never been my strong suit. Im always nervous I am going to forget something or I will not have that one thing I need when I get down there. When I first got accepted into the Chile program, I had it in my mind that it was going to be warm down there. But much to my surprise, its winter down there! Apparently hemispheres make a difference. :) So after having already purchased some warm season clothes for down there, I had to switch it up. I am now sorting through my winter clothes trying to find things that are not too heavy that I can take down. I bought two new fleeces and a rainjacket so hopefully that will keep me warm enough. Apparently in the region I am headed to it can get to below 30 degrees.

I still need to figure out what Im going to do without a laptop. I bought a new camera so I guess Ill just burn cds of my pictures. Without access to my music, I guess Im bringind down cds!

I am leaving on the 24th of July and returning the 16th of December. I am going to travel down there for two weeks after I am done with the program. Hopefully one of my friends is coming down to travel with me for a week, otherwise I will try to do it on my own!

Chao!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, you are amazing. You are such an inspiration to our generation. Getting out there and persuing your dreams. YOUR going to f'n chile. Do you have any idea what people would give to have this opportunity. I look up to you! Thank you for giving us young aspiring adults hope that we too can change the world. Because you definitely are! I love you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete